Saturday, November 2, 2013

Leah's just-because party

My sister-in-law can throw a mean party. She could probably get paid a lot of money as a professional party planner!  Maybe I should have recruited her for Leah's little party.  We don't really do big birthday parties around here.  I mean, birthdays are a BIG DEAL and we do lots of fun things to make the birthday girl/boy feel really special, but we don't usually invite friends over and have a shindig! It kind of feels like 9 of us is big enough and certainly loud enough!  Anyway, Leah wanted a party with three friends.  She has been talking about it for months!  I finally decided to take her seriously and let her have one.  It wasn't her birthday, but it was going to be her special day.  I am a TERRIBLE party planner.  (which is why I should have gotten Bobbi's help!)  But we did the best we could.  We took a trip to Michael's and used our imaginations while trying to stay within our small budget.  We had a blast!  Two of the three girls could make it and Leah was in her glory.  Unfortunately, there was a little miscommunication  over the picture taking and I only got one picture of the actual party.  Leah's favorite part was putting on the praise music and dancing with ribbons.  They were so sweet and all seemed to have a great time.  (I loved the visit with the moms just as much!)

Leah is a mini Bri.  Totally.  I remember Brianna having a "new house party", a "girls dress up party" AND several birthday parties.  Those girls......  

Out of my comfort zone for sure, but Leah's cup o' tea!











2 comments:

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...