Thursday, April 11, 2019

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting.

I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two more grandbabies on the way!  I can't believe I am 44 years old and no one in my family needs a car seat.  I had no idea time would truly keep going and that I would be where I am now wondering what just happened and how the last 25 years flew by. 

It makes me thankful for choices I made in those younger years that are contributing to the feeling of purpose and fulfillment I have now.


  • I am thankful that I had children.  Eight of them actually.  And each one a blessing- even the one waiting for me in heaven.
  • I am thankful that I invested in my marriage through all the hard, tiring, messy, little-kid days.  My relationship with Matt is something that I am beyond thankful for.  
  • I am thankful that I spent time in God's Word almost every day.  Even when I could barely keep my eyes open.  I am now completely convinced of the faithfulness of God and know Him as a Father and friend.  We have history together!
  • I am thankful that I spent lots of time with my kids.  If I had not done that, I would be living with major regret.  My relationship with each of them is incredibly special.
  • I am thankful that Matt and I answered God's call to start Hope for Kids.  We've reached over 1,000 kids in the last 5 years and the love I have for them is overwhelming.  Well, of course it is- it's not my love for them, it's God's love for them!
  • I am thankful that I chose to follow God.  Even after I got married and moved away from home.  
  • I am thankful for all the times I had faith even when, well...when I didn't.
I pray so much for my children and that they won't lose sight of the big picture in the middle of the muddiness.  That they will invest in the things that have the greatest return and will always follow God.




















If I had not been introduced to God as a child and taught to follow His Word- and then chosen to follow Him, I have a feeling I would not be nearly as blessed as I am today!  God is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...