Monday, October 20, 2014

happy birthday, caleb!

 I think I have been avoiding this post on purpose.  Because, for real?  Caleb is 13?  It gives me a funny feeling just typing it!  I remember Caleb's birth like it was yesterday.  I remember our doctor telling us that Caleb was born with a true knot in his cord and that it was a miracle he was alive.   I remember how the nurses all loved him because of his blonde, blonde hair and how tiny and cute he was.  I remember how content he was as I held him and how much love I had in my heart for him.

I felt so bad for him as he had a bad headache on his birthday.  Even when we went out to eat he wasn't feeling well.  He has been having a very bad time with headaches.We are praying and trying everything we know to do or try but so far he is still getting a headache everyday.  He saw a neurologist who said he has migraines and there's really nothing to do but go on strong medication to try to prevent them.  We are not opting for that right now but instead are trying a more natural approach- and Caleb has been in on the process and decision making.  He heard the side effects of the medicine straight from the doctor and he was as unimpressed as I was!  God knows the cause and we are praying He shows us and are trusting His work in Caleb's life through this whole thing.

Happy Birthday to our sweet, determined, steady Caleb!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...