Thursday, December 17, 2015

faithful

Things in my life have been so busy- seems like there are so many categories it's hard to settle my mind.

I decided that it was time to head to the Psalms.  This morning I read Psalm 63.  It was just what I needed!  Back in high school my friend, Susanna, taught me a song based on this Psalm and I looked it up again and listened to it as it helped me focus my mind on God and His Word.

Verses 6-7 say, When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on  You in the night watches, for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.

I looked up some commentary on that and found this in The Treasury of David, by Charles Spurgeon.
"Meditation had refreshed his memory and reaclled to him his past deliverances...This is the grand use of memory, to furnish us with proofs of the Lord's faithfulness, and lead us onward to a growing confidence in Him.

If day's cares tempt us to forget God, it is well that night's quiet should lead us to remember Him."

Since I had woken up with some anxious thoughts- concerns over some "what ifs", I needed the reminder that God has always been faithful.  He has never once failed me!  I forced myself to remember the "proofs of the Lord's faithfulness".  What a beneficial exericse!  I am much more ready to face the day ahead of me- and not alone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I don't remember that song at all, but really thankful God could use it to encourage you! It's a daily battle to find our encouragement in Him, but always, always worth it. Keep up the fight sister!!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...