Sunday, January 27, 2013

still


  This morning, my mind was racing with the thoughts of sickness that is once again (or should I say STILL) in our house, the long drive ahead of Matt and I today as we go to another church where I will be playing the piano, what am I going to wear, what will the kids have for lunch....and then my mind wandered to other things.  What if the house sells soon- where will we go?  Should I direct CC again next year?  How am I going to learn third declension adjectives?  I wish I could help my friend with the move she is making.  When will our van be fixed?  Will I be able to get to CC on Thursday?  If Melanie gets the flu, will I be able to go and help her?  ....all those thoughts and more as I sat down in the quietness of the early morning with my coffee and my Bible.

I started to read Day 25 in the devotional by Andrew Murray Waiting on God and as I did, I felt the Lord trying to quiet my heart.  The words to a song that is on a CD a friend gave me a couple of years ago kept coming to mind.  I took the time to listen to it.

I felt so renewed, so quieted.  I can trust my God.  My soul can rest in Him alone.

1 comment:

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...