Monday, March 25, 2013

happy birthday matt!

 I did not take many or good pictures of Matt on his birthday -it was not intentional!

Matt celebrated his 40th birthday this year!  The kids and I were so excited to make him feel like a king on his special day.  We dragged him to the table to open his present practically before he was even awake!

His parents were able to come over for the day as well.  That was a real treat- he hasn't been able to see them on his birthday for years!   (Matt had worked on Saturday to be able to take his birthday off.)


Why is it that I almost always forget about candles??  Oh well- maybe 40 candles would have started a fire. ;) We still sang to him and had him blow out candle. (he is such a good sport!)


I have never been more excited about a landmark birthday before.   I believe that God is going to use Matt this year in a way that He never has before.  Matt is such a man of God, he desires to be the leader of our family that God wants him to be, he is giving the ministry his all, he has grown in ways that I never thought possible as he consistently spends time in prayer and the Word. I am so thankful for him!

Happy Birthday, Matt! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...