Tuesday, April 23, 2013

kids

Today was the day for kids club at the youth center in the city.  Usually Matt goes, because someone has to stay home with Micah.  We decided to switch it up a little this time, and I took the three oldest kids.  It was such a neat time!  Watching my firstborn take complete charge and get the club started and then to watch Cam and Ali take over their parts was just amazing.  I expected to be proud of my kids, I didn't expect to have my heart touched the way it was watching and interacting with the kids at the club.  One little boy, just made my  heart melt.  He had a prayer request- he had a wiggly tooth.  Then he had a praise- his wiggly tooth was going to come out soon!  (Cameron prayed for all the requests and thanked God that this boy had teeth- so hard not to laugh!) Then, when Brianna asked the kids what the best news they've ever had was, This same boy said. "Not that Jesus died, but that he came alive again!"  He continued to answer questions and participate in the most precious little boy way.  He seemed so excited to talk about Jesus.  I was so thankful for the chance he has to be at this youth center and to hear about God's love for him.  He doesn't have the best of circumstances at home.  Then there was the sweet girl who is having trouble at school.   I will be praying for her this week.  Just sitting on the side, watching my own kids pour their hearts into this club and watching the kids there take it all in was priceless.  Wow.   






I could hardly take my eyes off of that one little boy.  I think of the many little kids like him that have it rough at home.  I was amazed at how much he just loves Jesus as best he knows how.  At times I got teary watching him- and the others.  The bigger boys were more reserved and I kept thinking how much I hope this little guy never gets that way.  I hope that he will always be sensitive to God and want to follow His ways.  Maybe he won't forget the truths that he learns at the Bible club and maybe he'll always remember that God loved him enough to send Jesus so that he doesn't have to be separated from God forever.  It's not hard for me to see why Jesus loved the children so much when He was here on earth.  They really are so precious~







1 comment:

  1. i LOVED watching these videos!!!
    ali is a GREAT story teller!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...