Friday, April 5, 2013

sickness, cabin fever, disappointment, refreshment

Once again weekend plans we were looking forward to were canceled due to sickness.  I had to leave CC early yesterday (another mom volunteered to fill in for me) when Caleb came down with a fever.  Leah (sick) was already at home with Brianna (who was sick also) and Micah (who was not sick).  Alissa felt pretty lousy too with a headache and sore throat.
Andrew has been restless and Micah relentless.  Baby boy just follows me around the house crying.  I decided I needed to do something.  We needed to get out.  I found the backpack my sister got me last year for Micah and decided to give it a try.  I took Micah, Drew, and Cameron and we hiked a trail on Wilbraham Mountain.   Apparently I am old and out of shape- it was no cake walk!  But it was well worth it.  The fresh air felt so good and we even stopped to listen to the quiet.  Amazing.  









On our way home we stopped at the bank so Cam could deposit a check. And, since it is Friday, the bank gives out free popcorn!    What a great morning.  We were only gone for less than an hour so it didn't interrupt the whole day.  When I got home Caleb's fever was 102.  Back to reality.  I am thankful though for God's creation.  It is so refreshing!


2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to get out and go on this hike!! Looks so nice! and nothing like some fresh air and sunshine. So sad for all the sickness:( praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really a huge fan of hiking, but you kind of make it look fun :)

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...