Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of my most favorite days of the year.  I love that I am a mom.  Really love it.  I wouldn't trade it for any occupation or any amount of money in the world.  I understand completely why the Bible says that children are a gift from the Lord- they are!  

On Saturday I was out for a while and when I got home Matt had this bouquet of lilacs for me.  I have missed them so much!  It has been three years since I have had the amazing look, feel, and fragrance of New England lilacs.  I was so happy!

 Mother's Day morning we got up early, packed up the van, and headed to NH to surprise our moms for Mother's Day.  Well, we were the ones who got the surprise.  Our van broke down!  Matt did an amazing job at guiding our van safely to the side of the road when the steering and brakes failed.  We weren't far from home and a sweet friend shuttled us a few at a time back to our house.






It was a beautiful day. And, my firstborn was as happy as I've ever seen her since Erik flew in for a 10 day visit.  It makes a mama happy to see her girl happy :)


A few months ago Matt and the kids got me a mother's ring.  It was an early Mother's Day gift and I told them it would count as my gift for the rest of my Mother's Days :)
It is especially significant because it includes all my children.

I have so much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! From all your kids to the lilacs and Mother's Day ring. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such an amazing example of an amazing mom.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...