Saturday, May 25, 2013

Refresh

Word of Life 2013 Founder's Conference- a great excuse for Matt and I to get away and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary a few days early!

My parents were nice enough to keep our kids for the weekend, they gave us the keys to their Miata, and off we went :)

The great thing about this getaway is that we aren't just getting refreshed physically, we are getting refreshed spiritually.  So far, we have sat in on 4 sessions featuring three different speakers.  The sessions also include special music, testimonies, and great worship. 

One particular message was given by George Murray of Columbia International University. God really used what he had to say to challenge, convict, and encourage me.  ( I will share more later- when I am not blogging from my phone!). Tonight's challenge from Harry Bollback was amazing!  Matt and I were both so moved by what he shared and we're going to be sure to write down the things we learned.

We have taken time together to reflect on the last 20 years and  on what we've been through and where God has brought us. We are so blessed! 

I miss the kids terribly but know that the better relationship that I have first with God and second with their dad, the better mom I will be to them. This weekend is enhancing both of those relationships!

I am so thankful and look forward to the rest of the weekend with the love of my life ~





2 comments:

  1. so glad you have the chance to get away...hold on. CAMERON!! STOP TELLING TANKY STORIES..ok. as i was saying. so glad you have the chance to get away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So glad you were able to get away!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...