Friday, June 7, 2013

20 Years

We celebrated 20 years of marriage on June 5.

I wrote Matt a song that I sang for him on our wedding day.

Today's the day that I've been dreaming of since I was very small
I used to dream of wedding gowns, the  Bridal  March and all
The flowers would be purple, I'd be married in May, but oh how very far away seemed that day!

And now the day has finally come
I'm standing at the altar
to take to be my husband the one God's chosen for me

When I was just a little girl I'd lie in bed and pray
that God would bless the man that I would marry someday
I prayed that God would save him especially for me
I never dreamed just what a man he'd turn out to be!

I'd like to take this time dear Lord 
to thank You for that man
and vow to You to always do the very best I can
to love him and to cherish him, to put him above me
and make him so happy as he deserves to be~


No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...