Sunday, August 4, 2013

Maelyn

Thursday was a great day to drive to NJ to see my new niece.  Maelyn Beth was born the week before and I was so anxious to get my hands on her!  Since Matt and the older three had 5-Day Clubs all week, I took Caleb, Andrew, Leah, and Micah down.  It was not an uneventful trip, but we made it there and back and it was worth every second of the drive.  

Andrew asked over and over to hold Maelyn.  I did let him a couple of times, but really now.  I wanted to hold her too!  







I wish I had gotten a picture of Leah holding her, but I didn't.  She was so cute just kissing her head and making sure she was all covered up.  She kept saying, "I wish she was mine so bad!"  Then she spent time off and on for the next couple of days deciding what she is going to name her baby girl when she finally gets one, and expressed her disappointment in advance if she should have a boy first..  :)

Micah was terrified of Maelyn. When I brought her close to him so he could see her he cried and ran away!

It was such a treat to see Melanie, my mom (who was there to help Mel), Callen, and especially my sweet baby niece.  I am so glad I could!

(POVA)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming!!!! Loved that you could see her and hold her when she was so new:) love these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...