Wednesday, September 4, 2013

hike

Andrew doesn't officially start school until next week.  We have already started implementing our schedule though, so I have time on there scheduled to help him with his school work. He was a little restless this morning, so during my time with him I decided we'd go on a hike.  In my mind, it was a quick little hike up to the Vista, but in reality.......  MUCH harder than I thought it would be!  I took Micah with me so the ones at home doing school wouldn't have to be responsible for him- that didn't help the trek!  






This part on the way down was pretty tricky.  The bottom section of these rocks was wet and covered in moss!  I ended up taking Micah off my back, sitting down, putting him on my lap, and sliding all the way down.  It worked!  Good thing I wasn't wearing my favorite jeans :)

I really enjoyed the one on one time with Andrew and he was such a help in getting back down.  He found me a walking stick and then let me put my hand on his shoulder as we slowly made our way down.  It was a beautiful day, too.  Lots to be thankful for!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Beautiful view. Glad for your special time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You are mom of the YEAR!!! I can only imagine how my kids would cheer if I took them on hikes when they were restless. :)

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...