Thursday, February 13, 2014

gifts

My days have been full.  So full even that some of you who I call frequently or e-mail often haven't heard much from me.  It's not personal. I have been filling each second of each day- and going to bed feeling like I haven't done it all!  I am grateful that I was introduced to the book One Thousand Gifts recently. It has served as a reminder that throughout the busyness I need to take time to rest my mind and notice God's presence and His "gifts" in the middle of it all.  Here are some of those gifts that I am so grateful to God for!

Long talks with Brianna- thankfully she is understands the craziness of trying to have a phone conversation with me while life is happening at the Currier house.  Usually Leah grabs the phone and tries to steal away to have a "private" conversation with her big sister.  Sometimes one of the other kids take the phone as well and Bri just goes with the flow :)


A surprise visit from the Chases- which resulted in the coolest ever soccer shirts!


My baby- Yes.  My almost three year old baby.  He always holds his ear when he drinks his bottle and has done that ever since he was nursing.  I am not looking forward to the day he stops that!  Maybe that's why I still give him a bottle.  Also, he is my healthiest eater/drinker! He is enjoying a green smoothie here- packed with fruits and vegetables.


Health- I appreciate good health even more after someone has been sick.  Leah is back to good health now and I am grateful!


Dragons in drawers- Micah loves this drawer.  It has batteries, flashlights, tape measure, duct tape, screwdrivers....  When someone is in need of something like that he always goes running to get it.  I loved when he tried to fit the dragon in there.  I guess dragons are right up there with the useful things in life!


Little boys that dress themselves...


An encouraging friend- I have lots of encouraging friends, but one drove an hour and a half to visit me last week.  She brought the most delicious oatmeal cookies and I was thrilled that the next morning there was one left for me to enjoy with my Bible and coffee :)


Caleb's motivation- Caleb has been setting his alarm and getting up early to have his Quiet Time and get a head start on his school work.  One morning his doing that allowed for us to have some time before the other kids got up to do some Latin together.  He's so determined! Latin was actually enjoyable when I was doing it with my sweet son!


Cream of rice- my new favorite breakfast.  Who knew all I had to do was blend 2 cups of brown rice in my blender, add that to 9 cups of boiling water, cook for 4 minutes, pour into  bowls, add some maple syrup or applesauce and a little bit of milk and enjoy!


Snow- I love snow and so do the kids!






Hot chocolate- Alissa made us some homemade hot chocolate and even whipped some cream to put on top.  DELICIOUS!


Friends, fun, and sleep- We went to visit some friends even though it was during Micah's usual nap time.  He wore himself out completely and luckily I got lost on the way home allowing him plenty of time to sleep!

Cameron started an EMT course at a community college in CT.  He has classes from 6-10 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It has been a huge workload for him but he is totally enjoying it! He wants to be a firefighter and thinks that becoming an EMT first will help him in that goal.



I live a busy life that is filled with many people and many things.  I am making an effort to slow down my mind and recognize God's presence in my everyday.  Husband, children, family, friends, icicles, sunbeams, heat, cozy rooms, delicious smells, warm bread, hot coffee.....

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. James 1:17

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love what God is up to in your life! Keep enjoying every moment...the good ones and the tough ones! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...