Wednesday, June 11, 2014

just do it

My sister, Rachelle posts lots of  things on her blog about parenting, relationships, relationship with God etc...  The other day I was thinking about it and wondered what I would post if I was going to have one shot at blogging about something practical like that.  It finally occured to me what my best advice would be.  Although the only reason it occured to me was because- I need the advice myself.  It was a convicting moment actually.

Here it is: Just do it.

Here's what I've been doing lately.

I should drink more water.

I need to start exercising.

I need to make 2 loaves of bread every day.

I need to serve a vegetable at every meal.

I need to put more Scripure around the house.

I need to work on Cameron's transcripts.

I need to do math with the kids every day.

 And then?  Nothing.  I guess I wait for the mood to hit, for me to feel like it, for Monday to get here.  Well, the mood doesn't hit, I don't feel like it, and Monday comes and goes.

So, my new motto?  Just do it.

With that said, I now have Scripture posted around the house, I have 2 batches of granola in the oven, I have already had water to drink today, and I ....well, I haven't exercised yet.  I guess I'd better get moving!

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only

2 comments:

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...