Monday, August 10, 2015

family hike

My family is so fun.  Honestly.  I can't imagine if it were any different.  Life with 9 of us does not lack excitement!

There aren't words to describe the "life" that goes on around here.  We have some heartbreak, uncertainties, questions, and challenges; but we also have so much of laughter, games, inside jokes, and stories.

It's funny to have a four year old and a 19 year old.  Matt and I have often thought of how different our life would be if we had stopped at 2...or 3 or 4!  We'd be on easy street right now!  But we  never ever regret having all of them.

Yesterday afternoon we all went on an impromtu hike.  It was so much fun!  I asked Matt if we should bring the backpack for Micah.  He said no.  Well, he made a good decision.  WE had to keep up with HIM!  He had so much fun looking for the trail markings.  One time he was so busy looking for the purple trail marker on the trees he tripped on a rock and fell hard.  He just jumped right back up and kept going.  "Camorn" (that's how he pronounces Cam's name), "Look, look!  Purple!  Let's go!" He'd run on ahead giggling like he'd just made the most important discovery- and as though if it weren't for him we'd have no idea what we were doing :)

It was a gorgeous day and just perfect for hiking.  I can't wait to do it again!














No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...