Friday, January 1, 2016

useless and unfruitful

So what happens when everyone seems to be reflecting back on the year with nostalgia and looking forward to the year ahead with new goals all in place,- and all you can think of is the areas you FAILED in over the year and have NO idea how you are going to correct it for the upcoming year?  

Well, Matt sent me to a quiet place to get alone with God and work things through.

 I opened my Bible and read the first verse I saw.  
Seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.  2 Peter 1:3

Amazing.

God used that verse to assure me that HE will give me all I need in order to accomplish anything that pertains to life and godliness!  (which pretty much covers it all!)

How?  Through the true knowledge of Him.

I read ahead to verses 5-8.  Apparently, if I diligently apply the following things to my life:


I will be neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Really?  That means that as long as I do that, I can look forward to a useful and fruitful year ahead.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...