Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Alissa graduates

My little Alissa.  I blinked and you were done with school.  How does time pass so quickly?  I remember teaching you how to make your 5's, you worked diligently through your Explode the Code book, once a week at the island in the yellow house we did Mom and Me Having Tea, thankfully you were a good reader and loved to read.  That helped lots as you whizzed through history and science books with ease.  Memorizing history facts threw you for a little loop, but the concepts were easily remembered!  Being a natural writer helped you as you wrote papers on all sort of things.  Most recently you wrote papers on all the British Lit books you read- an analysis on Animal Farm, a persuasive essay on Pride and Prejudice on whether Mr. Darcy should have paid Wickham to marry Lydia, a character sketch in A Tale of Two Cities, a review of the satire in Gulliver's Travels, a comparison of two detectives in Brother Cadfael and Father Brown Mysteries- you even wrote your own allegory based on Pilgrim's Progress!  You never complained over the hours and hours you spent mastering Saxon Math and managed an A in Apologia's Physical Science and Biology!  Remember God Give us Men? :)  You were a model student.   I don't think you once complained.  

I couldn't be more proud of you and all your academic accomplishments.  You are one smart cookie!

Happy Graduation, my sweet Ali!









1 comment:

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...