Saturday, January 12, 2013

don't worry, mommy

The kids got a few board games for Christmas.  I really didn't want to see pieces missing or lost or all over the floor, and since space is a challenge for us, I decided to store the games in the attic up and away from little hands.  The attic isn't finished and the stairs are steep,  but if you go almost to the top of the stairs, you can reach the games that are stacked neatly on the floor.  It has worked wonderfully but Leah is not allowed up there.  So, when she wants a game she has to ask someone to get it for her.
Last night Micah was in bed, Brianna and I were watching our Bible study DVD, Leah was hanging out with Matt, and the other kids were at AWANA.  Apparently Matt and Leah decided they were going to play Chutes and Ladders so they had to go to the attic to get it.  Leah was so excited that daddy was allowing her to go up there.  As she skipped past Brianna and I on her way up the stairs, she looked back at me and said, "Don't worry, Mommy, Daddy will be behind me!"

Right away I felt convicted.  That feeling stuck with me as I studied some Psalms this morning.  Leah was going into a place that was potentially dangerous but had no fear because daddy was behind her.  Not only was she not afraid, she was actually happy and excited!  God does the same for me.  He goes behind me.  The difference though?  He goes before me too!  Psalm 139:5 says, "You go before me and follow me.  You place Your hand of blessing on my head."  Before and behind.   Remind me again why I am ever afraid?

2 comments:

  1. so good. i knew exactly where you were going with this as soon as i read her comment!! so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love this!! Such a great reminder! I feel like I learn so much through lessons you share about your kids. Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...