Saturday, February 9, 2013

blizzard

I was just saying that we needed a good snow storm- well, I got my wish!  I am not sure if all the exact requirements were met for this to be a genuine blizzard, but they are saying it came really close!  
When I got up this morning, I went onto the porch and opened the door and this is what I saw.

...and that is what accumulated (or was blown by the wind) since 2:00am. I love the imprint of the door :)  Matt and Cameron were trying to keep on top of the shoveling and so they went out a few times during the day on Friday and then through the night as well.

 Since we were without a vehicle for a couple of days, some friends of ours who are are on vacation right now (good timing to be in Florida!) let us borrow their car.  Hope we don't need to get anywhere quick!  Well, actually, even if we could get out we would be in big trouble if we drove on the road.  There is a travel ban in effect!  As of this morning, it has not been lifted.

This is the girls' bedroom window.


The boys' bedroom window.


The pile of Matt's and Cameron's things they dropped on the floor next to the door when they came in from shoveling late last night.

I have so missed the snow.  I know there are plenty of people who don't like it, but I am not one of them.  I. LOVE. THIS!

And just because I am not a fan of posts that don't have pictures of people in them, I will include this one of Leah sound asleep this morning.  Poor little girl has a nasty cough and a fever to go with it, but at least she was able to get some sleep.



3 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! That is a lot of snow!!! Loved all the pictures!!!!! Poor Leah:( hope she's feeling better soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys got blasted! That's lots of shoveling. We got 20" here, but snow drifts are higher. Praying for Leah! Glad you are all safe.

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...