Saturday, March 2, 2013

it's about time

It's about time. This blog has been sadly neglected.  Sad excuses for posts and pitiful attempts to give a small, and what ends up being inaccurate, view of life as it has been.

 After some extremely trying times and very rough and repetitive spiritual battles I feel like there has been a break through.  In every single one of us.  God is so good to care about each member of our family!  As I take the time to pay attention, I see Him everywhere- in every detail.  That last sentence is very loaded...I can't even begin to say what that entails!

Right now it is quiet in the house.  Alissa had her very  best friend in the world over for three nights.  There were lots of giggles and fun and very late nights.  Then she went today with some moms and girls from church to a conference where she got to hear one of her favorite singers (Brit Nicole) as well as hear some great and encouraging speakers!  When she got home tonight she gave us a brief overview of her day, got into her pjs, read her Bible, and then went right to sleep.  Poor exhausted happy girl!

Micah is sleeping too.  Did you hear that?  Did you get that?  MICAH IS SLEEPING TOO!  When I say it's been a rough two weeks, know that I'm really saying it's a wonder I'm alive!  Sweet little boy who climbed into Leah's bath fully clothed, pulls chairs over to the counter so he can climb onto it, who was walking around the house today with a screwdriver because who knew he could open the tools drawer?, falls down the stairs on a regular basis, and thankfully snuggles like a content baby on his mama while he hums "Jesus Loves Me"....he went to bed easily and without tears tonight.  I am thankful.

Leah is lying down on the couch not too far from where I am sitting.  Baby girl of the family misses her big sis Brianna, Daddy, and the rest of the boys who are at Cameron's soccer game.  It was the worst thing ever that Alissa had the nerve to go to sleep!  Her bedroom just seemed so lonely with half of the family gone.  We are listening to some praise music while most of the lights are off.  Hillsong's Stronger is playing right now.

There has been a lot going on.  And I don't just mean the stomach flu.  Thankfully that's over and at this very moment we are all healthy!  Anyway, it is funny to me that while I am still dealing with diapers and folding lots of little onesies, I am also helping a child get into college.  So much has changed.  Although Brianna still fully intends to go to Liberty to get her nursing degree, she has applied to a state university here and plans to go there for a semester or two and get some or all of her general ed done.  It would be a huge help financially (and of course would keep a little chick in my nest for just a while longer!).  I scrambled to get her transcripts complete and even had to communicate with the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) to clear up some unfair requirements the school was making of homeschooled applicants. Now we will wait to see if she gets accepted.  She has made some sweet friends here and I know the Lord was totally involved with that detail!  She went with her friends to visit the school and decided she wanted to turn her application in in person.  She brought it in to the admissions office and just a minute into the process decided that the lady she was speaking with didn't seem to know what she was doing.  She politely asked if there was someone else she could talk to and was then introduced to an admissions counselor who did seem to know what was going on.  When he asked her why she didn't put a "second choice" on her application she confidently replied that there was no second choice.  If she doesn't go for nursing she is not going at all.  She doesn't get her nerve from her mother, that's for sure!  When she told Leah she was going to stay in MA for college this fall, Leah almost knocked her over throwing her arms around her and saying "Thank you Brianna!"
Bri has been so sweet and giving to all of us.  She went out a couple of days ago and surprised all the kids with donuts.  She likes to make people happy and she most often expresses that through gifts.  <3



Caleb is pretty sure that yellow dye gives him migraines.  He was being diligent, along with us, looking for a trigger for his headaches.  Foods with yellow dye seem to be a sure way to give him one!  Although he's happy to know that, he's pretty bummed about not being able to have baked cheddar chips.  (or Skittles and other such fun food he gets at Sunday School!)   Although, it would truly be better for all of us if we avoided the cheddar chips.  I dare you to research yellow dye....it's not a good story!
He sprained his wrist a few weeks ago  but recovered nicely.
He did it!  He finished all four T&T AWANA books this year!  He is now memorizing the first chapter of James.  He recited the first 15 verses to his leader last night.  (Oh to have a young mind!)


Andrew is one in whose life I've seen a lot of God's work.  The only thing is, it's not a blog story.  It's too personal.  I am so thankful for prayers, thankful for Scripture to pray when I don't know what I am praying for, and mostly thankful for a loving God who answers prayer.
Andrew has discovered that he has a love for speaking.  He enjoys getting up in front of his class at CC to do his presentations.  He claims he doesn't even get nervous!  Whenever I see a love for something combined with a gift for that, I try to really encourage it.  I pray too that God shows Matt and I how to direct that into something that will bring glory to God.


Matt, Cameron, myself.....  so much more to say that can testify of God's goodness.  It's getting late, I am getting tired, and Matt and the kids are headed home from the soccer game.  I guess Cam's team lost 3-2 but it was a close game!  He really is a good soccer player and he is fun to watch.  We keep trying to fatten him up- and he really can eat!- just not quite sure where it all goes ;)

More later.  Because, there is more.  More thoughts that have been floating around in my head.  More precious things that God has taught me that I hope to be able to share.  If my crazy life allows~


3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this update....I miss you all so much. We had our haircut last weekend by Asyia. She said to thank you for the card, it made her very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this. i realize that even when we have our 1-hour phone conversations, we don't get NEARLY all the info in that we need to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this. Always love reading your updates. Love you, all!!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...