Monday, October 14, 2013

impromptu

So I got up early this morning.  Had my Quiet Time.  Planned my day.  Lots of school, a few loads of laundry, egg quesadillas for breakfast, studying for LTW and geo classes and more.  In the middle of breakfast prep I got a text from my sister.  She wanted to know of a halfway point where we could meet and hang out for the day.  I immediately scrapped all my plans!  I didn't know of a meeting place, but almost burned the eggs while I jumped on google maps to check.  We picked a park that seemed central to both of us and told the kids we were taking a family day and to get ready to go.  We didn't tell them we were meeting their cousins there!  It was a great surprise!    
The weather was perfect.  Sunny, a little cool, and the colors were beautiful.











Sleepy boy snuggling with Auntie Shell~


I loved every part of today.

3 comments:

  1. I can't love this enough. So thankful you are close enough to have days like this!! And I loved Cam's face when he saw us drive up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so wonderful! glad you are close enough to do these things with family and that you had the courage to be spontaneous. :) Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...