Wednesday, January 22, 2014

happy birthday, alissa!

Alissa turned fourteen.  Not too sure how or when she got to be that old- but it happened!  Since her birthday was on CC day, we celebrated the day before.  She started her morning by visiting with a friend at Dunkin' Donuts.






  (Micah and I hung out and spent the whole time looking at an I Spy book)


Matt and I took her out to Olive Garden for lunch.  It was her first time there! She loved it- and we loved that she loved it :)  It was such a fun time celebrating her life.  She is sweet and laughable, sincere, and so compassionate!  We are so blessed to have her as our daughter~






I  made her a gluten free chocolate cake that (if I do say so) was delicious!



Alissa adores Cameron- he is probably her best friend.  They spend most days doing school in the same room- and it is never quiet.  They laugh their days away and that laughter makes me so happy~


Brianna joined us by facetime.  We know she misses these birthday celebrations and was happy to watch Alissa open her gifts and sing Happy Birthday along with us.

Alissa is such a gift to us and we thank God for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...