Friday, December 26, 2014

Club Hope Christmas

 Club Hope Christmas- an amazing event that showed me that I need help with event planning, stretched me in many ways, brought about a spiritual attack, demonstrated how the body of Christ works together, melted my heart, blessed children, and brought glory to God.

Matt and I have only worked as hard on event planning for Basketball Camp.  We had planned a simple Club Hope, but God kept adding to the equation and by the time we were done, we had 2 school busses, Toys for Tots, 22 News, and a clothing give away!

God is amazing- that's what it keeps coming back to!  As much as I know that I have a heart to reach the children, God keeps showing me that it is HIS heart to reach them even more than it is mine!  He brought Diane (a.k.a the Lifesaver) to Hope for Kids to organize and structure things in a way that demonstrates excellence and makes things go much more smoothly.  Without her help I don't think we could have pulled this off!  We had 50 volunteers from 7 local churches and 3 out of state churches!  We had 70 children and around 10 parents in attendance. (many of the moms that were there were actually a problem- praying for God's wisdom as we problem solve!)

We began with a meal that was donated by a restaurant and cooked by a competent team of volunteers.  There was then Praise and Worship (an incredible job done by Joe- I love how he involved the kids!), Bible time (mind blowing how many kids have never heard the true Christmas story), craft time, birthday cake for Jesus, gift opening,  and small group time (discussion of the Bible lesson, prayer requests, relationship building).  I loved watching the volunteers interact with the kids and the joy on the kids' faces!  The local news showed up and when we turned on the 6:00 news that evening- there we were!

After the event was over, Matt and I were still able to reach out to some of the families in need.  We delivered gifts to 4 buildings that are shelters, food to a family without, and gifts to another family who is in a very bad situation.  God keeps opening doors- and we are trying to walk through!  Matt was very clear when he left gifts with a couple of social workers to give to the children at a scattered site: "We want to introduce the kids to the only source of lasting hope- God!"  He told that to them and they nodded their heads in agreement.  We can only pray that God gets to their hearts too.

The 4s and 5s (the Koalas) had 24 kids!!



Registration team...invaluable.  Diane is in the middle :)


Grade 2 (the Penguins)


Birthday cake for Jesus

The Koalas making a craft




Praise and worship for Pre K- Grade 2


Joe and his "worship team" :)


Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift....Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...