Thursday, November 10, 2016

2 corinthians 12:9

Overwhelmed. It's a word that has been defining me lately. And as I say it and think it, it speaks defeat.  Too much.  Too hard.

Yesterday, though I was reading in 2 Corinthians 12 and read verse 9.  And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."  Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

It hit me- I can boast in my weaknesses!  I can speak the word overwhelmed as though, Lucky me!  I am overwhelmed!  I guess now it is going to have to be the power of God in me.

This change in thinking has already had a huge influence on my outlook and my joy.  I am so thankful for God's Word!


1 comment:

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...