Friday, October 13, 2017

delayed answers

God is so personal.  There is so much going on in the world that is big, tragic, urgent...  But God cares about the little things.

Leah began praying for a horse in September.  She started to read the Misty of Chincoteague books and that is when she first developed a love for horses.  One day, days after, she was outside on lunch break with Andrew and Micah when she saw a lady walking a horse on our road.  When Leah looked excited to see the horse, the lady (Becky) brought the horse into our driveway for the kids to meet.  She offered to have the kids go to her barn which was down the road a bit anytime they wanted!  Long story short, I took the little ones down and that was the start of something amazing.  Since then, I have taken Leah twice a week to the barn where she is learning everything Becky can teach about horses.  And almost every time Leah has been able to ride!

Becky told me she never walks the horses down our road because of the flies, but for some reason decided to do something different that day.

Last time we went to the barn, Leah and Becky were whispering and giggling.  Next thing I knew, I was handed the helmet and told to get on the horse!  As I was going around the ring, I felt like God said to me, Remember when you were a little girl praying for a horse?  Remember all of those library books you took out and read from cover to cover on horses?  Remember how you tried all you could to get a job at 11 years old so you could afford the "free" horse that was offered to you?  Well.....I do.  And this is my answer.  Did you think I forgot or said no?  Nope!  I though you'd enjoy it more with your daughter.  Hope you didn't mind the wait :)

I am reminded of Zacharias- Elizabeth's husband.  They had been both been praying for years for a child.  But when the angel came and told Zacharias his prayer had been answered,  I bet he didn't even remember what prayer he had been praying!  He had probably long ago given up on having a son.  Figured God had said no.  Moved on in life.  But God hadn't forgotten.  Hadn't said no.

When I was a little girl praying for a horse, God heard me.  He just wanted me to wait to enjoy the fun of cleaning a barn, grooming a horse, learning how to put a saddle and bridle on a horse, and more.  I know He was thinking of both Leah AND me when He brought Becky into our life.  And I love Him all the more for it!







No comments:

Post a Comment

random thoughts

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  And resting.  And praying.  And reflecting. I can't believe I am a grandmother- with two mo...